Monday, February 27, 2012

Media stinks

So I am scrolling through facebook, per usual. Over to my right are the stupid advertisements they have. I see a pregnant belly out of the corner of my eye in the ad and I just keep avoiding it as much as I can. Finally the pink belly gets the best of me. The ad says "give your child the GIFT of a lifetime from Gerber Life." Freaking ad, I hate it. I couldnt give my child the gift of a lifetime, i couldnt give him life. Stupid Gerber, stupid ads. I hate you.

Today I also got my BabyCenter email that said "your son at 5 weeks" in the subject and had I openned it would contain information on what my 5 week old should be doing.


Media sucks. Im sorry, it just does. I know its not their job to protect the 1% of all parents a year that have stillborn babies- but likely the number of other infant losses makes up an greater number but still not the majority I realize. But seriously its reminders like this throughout a fairly normal average day that just make me really sad and bring tears to my eyes. I know I tried and did everything I could to give my baby life, I did, it wasn't my fault that Hunter didnt make it- but darn you Gerber for rubbing the fact I didnt bring him "a lifetime" or something didnt bring him a "lifetime."

So just add these along with the formula and breastfeeding book that arrived at the house and the Babies R Us coupons in the to the list of every day, constant reminders that I have no baby and Im not pregnant either.

Shoot,what a way to end a night. Long day (will expand on that more another day- review of autopsy, some more blood tests, more speculation/research of what killed Hunter). Off to eat baskin robbins mint chocolate ice cream pie- thank goodness we brought that home after last night's family dinner. And yep we have double chocolate chip cookies here too- well maybe not for long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Overwhelming, yes, thinking about an earthly lifetime for Hunter.
I know this is so very, very hard for you, Betsy, and rightly so.
You did give him an eternal lifetime.
love and prayers +++ Missy

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I love you - so very very much. Keep on sharing your feelings and getting it out!! Feel my arms around you!
sushi

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios