1- A bunny nest in our front yard. Amazing that they have survived our "gruesome twosome" labs, but they have and are so cute (at least most have survived). Our real bunny, Samantha, is loving watching these little guys.
2- Ryan caught a snapping turtle by accident fishing. Huge guy.
3- Ryan found a red summer tanager bird, not particularly common around here (online photo- not real pic)

4- I came home the other night and found a baby bird that had fallen from a nest on our neighbors car. Ryan moved it to higher ground, we think it survived and got the guts to fly off.
5- Last night at my parents I walked in to the den and on the window was an amazing tree frog (not the ones that live in the pool). And then when I walked out the backyard there were more frogs everywhere- jumping, on the door handle, etc.
6- Today, a small baby turtle found on the front yard about a foot away from the bunny nest. There is no water or any logical place for a turtle to have come from, I am clueless.
The other odd thing was the reaction the stingrays had to Ryan at the Zoo last week. They were seriously obsessed with his arm and couldn't get enough- he had washed his arm up to his eblow, per Zoo rules, and taken off his watch and they still went after him. Even the Zoo Supervisors couldn't believe the reaction the stingrays had when his hand was in the pool to pet them.
Just a strange week of beautiful signs of nature following us everywhere. . .
UPDATE: After posting this I just saw this quote on facebook with a picture of a blue butterfly ". . .likes to think that whenever we see a butterfly nearby, it's a loved one who has come down from heaven to say hello." That made me remember all of the butterflies that have been in our yard this Spring and all throughout our neighborhood. I have never seen so many butterflies. They have been beautiful to watch swarming around our flowering bushes. I totally think they are Hunter coming down to say Hello. Love you.




1 comments:
that's amazing betsy.... i believe it is Hunter too. his spirit lives all around you in so many ways. just beautiful!
Post a Comment